Thursday, December 29, 2011

NINA DOBREV ON FANS, PLAYING TWO CHARACTERS and GIVING 220%

Nina Dobrev as KatherineA reporter from the New York Times Syndicate recentlycaught up with Nina Dobrev by phone from the set in Atlanta. She had some nice things to say about the show’s passionate fans, and also spoke about the challenges inherent in playing both Elena and Katherine:
“So it’s been more about learning to manage time and learning when to let go. I’m a perfectionist, I put 110 percent into everything. Trying to do that for two characters, I’ve been putting in 220 percent. It’s been a lot of work, but really cool. It confused me sometimes, early on, and I learned, when you’re doing something like this 10 months a year for possibly six years, you have to preserve your energy. I feel like it’s been acting boot camp. I’ve done everything on this show, a lot of things many actors don’t get to do throughout their whole career. So there’s nothing I can’t do or achieve after this.”

0 comments: